Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns storing and/or sharing certain content on a web server administered by a web hosting vendor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you'd like to create a blog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by given hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting services are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between individual hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some providers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a vast amount of images with comrades or associates since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your mailbox accounts. Some companies offer web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you would like to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many video files as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Santingo Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific web content solely.